This is a guest post from Lauren Hummert from takeamomenttoday.com a great blogger whose writing and content I love.
“Beware the barrenness of a busy life.” Socrates
We are a society constantly on the move. Technology allows us to have information instantly at our fingertips. But what happens when our lives are so fast paced, that we miss out on living?
The quote above is harsh, but it is real. We should beware what will happen if we don’t pay attention to the here and now.
When you are too busy:
- You may be lonelier than you realize.
- You don’t have time to take care of yourself.
- You don’t have time to take care of others.
- You don’t have relationships, only acquaintances.
- You are too busy looking ahead and not paying attention to the present.
Try to eliminate one thing from your schedule. Do not allow yourself to be caught up in the vicious cycle of busyness. Life is not a competition. There is no winner for being on the go all the time. Take care of yourself and those that are important to you. Live more slowly and more purposefully and you will be able to fully appreciate what is truly valuable.